Monday, June 23, 2008

Ruins of Jericho


This is today's block, featuring some incredibly gorgeous fabric out of Lakehouse's Hydrangea Garden line. I really like the quilt block pattern, and I'm thrilled with how that orange fabric looks.

Tonight I watched 27 Dresses. I never got a chance to see it in the theaters, and I really like Katherine Heigl. I really enjoyed the movie, but my favorite part was afterwards. In the movie, Izzy and Cyclops (I swear, those are their real names) share a drunken sing-a-long over their mutual love of Elton John's seminal classic, Benny and the Jets. So my favorite part of this movie was washing the dishes afterwards, listening to (in my opinion) the very best Elton John songs and singing to the metaphorical rafters. And since I know you're dying to know, those songs are:
Tiny Dancer (natch), Rocket Man, and - my personal favorite - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting.

Am I missing anything? I mean, I can live the rest of my life without hearing frickin' Candle In The Wind again. Well, maybe just once a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...