Sunday, August 9, 2009

Unfinished Objects - (UFOs)

Today I saw Julie & Julia, a movie that struck a chord with me. The Julie/Julia Project was a one-year project to make all the recipes in "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." If you don't know why the story of this goal got to me, well, you haven't been reading this blog long.

The movie was great, well written, well cast, and completely charming - I highly recommend it! And it left me with the desire to reposition my nose a little closer to the grindstone. I came home and went right to my sewing room, where I haven't spent more than an accumulated hour since preparation for the Quilt Retreat. Which was in May! Patrick and I went through all my UFOs (you gotta love a man who knows what UFO stands for) and made a list.

The list (in brief) is in the right column, under my profile. I have a longer list which includes all the steps that need to be accomplished for each project. I'm hoping to make a dent in this over time. With the exception of baby presents and Christmas gifts, I won't be starting any new projects.

** In a knitting aside, I wore my obscenity socks all day yesterday and they were LOVELY! **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...