Friday, December 26, 2008

Shooting Star


Today's block is Shooting Star, a confection of blue and glitter that finishes at just 8". I think I like the blue and silver version of Christmas colors over the more traditional red and green...

But, since old Bushy-boy decided today was a federal holiday, I had time for some other sewing too! First, I sewed down the other side of the bias tape vine on my Charm Star. This is what it looks like:



And here are some ideas I have for the applique to go around the vine. I really need your opinions!


I thought it would be kind of a kick to do all the applique in diamonds, just like the quilt center. So I have a diamond-shaped butterfly, bird, and two types of flowers. What do you think? Is it gimmicky and silly or is it kind of different and cute?


And here's the haul from yesterday! Due to a few East Coast ice storms, my side of the family is not represented here, but Patrick and my in-laws were so generous and thoughtful! I'm really excited to go shopping with my Kohl's, Best Buy, and iTunes gift cards, but my favorite is the bag. In the back there? That is a purse made from a David Bowie album cover - swoon!

Andi, do me a favor and leave the name of your friend/the company that makes these in the commments. Inquiring minds want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...