Saturday, December 27, 2008

Star of Destiny


Today's block is Star of Destiny, which I really didn't think I was going to like. But I changed the number of colors from 5 to 3, picked one of my favorite stripes (who am I kidding, they're all my favorite) and went to town. I'm very pleased with the result!

But today has been full of pleasant surprises. Connie, who I originally met at Weight Watchers meetings but now adore full-time, called me to say that the meeting had to be cancelled today. A last-minute reprieve from the Governor saved us all from a post-Christmas weigh-in! Connie, our friend Suzy and I enjoyed some IHOP, some catching up time, and then flitted off to the fabric shop.


I've started the collection for next year's Dear Jane in earnest now. I bought the necessary background fabric off Fabric.com on Christmas Day and this gorgeous bounty at Ruby Street Quiltworks. My plan, and I hope to have a diagram to show you soon, is to do alternating rounds of black and white background with black, white, and red accent fabrics. The brown off to the right was purchased for another project.

Does anyone remember the Cinderella quilt? Well, I'm taking a stab at revamping my mouse. Last time he was declared too pig-like. What are our thoughts? I asked you for brutal analysis last time and I expect no less from you now!


Pictured above, clockwise from top left - my new mouse attempt, my new mouse sketch, my old mouse sketch, and a little brown piggie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...