Today's block is Christmas Star, made in Christmas-y colors. We had a great holiday, with presents, phone calls to family, and some super miniature Cornish game hens. Delish! But best of all, now that gifts have been opened, I can finally show you the project I finished recently:
This is a lap quilt for my sister-in-law, Andi. I got the pattern out of a Quiltmaker, drafted it in EQ6, tested about 80 color combinations until my husband found one he was happy with.
The quilt is only made up of two different blocks that echo and complement one another's shape.
This is what I originally bought that gorgeous green and brown stripe for. I love it so much, I almost prefer the back to the front!
And here is the quilting I did. I just echoed the yellow pieces that ran throughout. Andi emailed me this morning to tell me how much she loves it, so it is truly a successful project. Many thanks to Patrick who put in a lot of work on this quilt alongside me.
No comments:
Post a Comment