Saturday, November 1, 2008

Autumn Leaf & Monkey Carnage


Today's block is Autumn Leaf. In retrospect, I would have liked to use a tan neutral instead of a bright white. I haven't gotten the October wrap-up done yet, because I have spent so much time on a new project today that I honestly forgot to eat.

Pictured below are the humble, disembodied beginnings of the monkey from Debbie Bliss' Toy Knits.


That's two feet and two legs. Those feet are a bear to make. I'm learning a lot about knitting, since this is only the 3rd project to grace my needles. For instance, I've never done increasing, decreasing, or short rows. So the rest of my night will be spent mastering the "M1" stitch, or at least making my third attempt at it today.

By the by, Halloween, much like Trix cereal, is for kids. Which is why I posted a notice on my door last night that said, "We reserve the right to refuse candy to shameless teenagers." I sent a few kids away, and got more than a few cheers from escorting parents. The frosting on the cake was the group of young women dressed as Playboy bunnies that swore they were 11. I'm not sure what the saddest part of that scenario is, that they were or that they weren't. Anyway. Next year I'm drawing a "you must be this short to trick-or-treat" line on my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...