Friday, October 31, 2008

Ghost Walk & The 2nd Giveaway Revealed


Today's block is Ghost Walk. I decided to approximate the purple and silver that was shown in the calendar, and I think it turned out pretty good. I didn't get around to making it until a little later than I would have liked - Trick or Treaters! But more on that tomorrow.

The 2nd Shnoodle! giveaway prize has been sent to Toni as of this morning, so I feel comfortable revealing it in all its finished glory:


It's a beaded spider pincushion!


I decided to do another pincushion for this giveaway because I wanted to try my hand at pattern making. The first giveaway, the pear pincushion, was from someone else's pattern. I thought I could invent something appropriately Halloween-y on my own.


This pincushion features two black and grey prints, craft wire for legs, and two types of beads for the border around the bottom. The red eyes are just plain old pins added for oomph.


I suffer no shame in telling you that this is not the pincushion I originally envisioned. Those legs started out as eight individual elements zig-zagged onto a piece of felt hidden within the bottom.


But during the beading process, one of the legs pulled out and I had to reconsider the design. I ended up leaving it with six legs affixed to the outer-most layer. I figure anatomical correctness is far from an issue - one just needs the general impression of a creepy black spider to stab your pins into!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...