Thursday, April 3, 2008

Buttercup


This was a fun block because I pieced the stem instead of doing it by applique, and I got to use another one of the hand-marbled scraps I bought to its best advantage. That yellow looks really nice.

The name, while an accurate description of the flora, cannot help but stir that refrain by The Foundations: "Why do you build me up, Buttercup, baby, just to let me down...and mess me around?" Due to a youthful devotion to the local oldies station, I know all the words to this song, and so many other of its era. What I missed out on by getting to know this song when it was only released in compilations is the uber-creepiness of the original album cover:


That flower-face looks like the middle of a bad LSD montage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...