Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Actual Craft Content

I'm sure I could knock you all over with a feather. A blog post? With something I've actually made? Shock & awe!



Connie loaned me Teach Yourself Visually: Sock Knitting many eons ago. Last Friday Patrick had to work late, so I started the Basic Flat Sock Pattern. I had some of the Essential Kettle Dyed Sock Yarn from when they were still selling it in 50g skeins (colors Jay, Eggplant, and Wine), so I decided to do stripes (cuz, dude, stripes rock).

Today marks my 5th day on the sock, and it's coming along pretty well, considering all the color changes I'm doing. I chose the flat sock pattern because A) I didn't have a circular needle when I got the wild hair to start it, and B) the 5 needles you need to do a sock in the round are just too much for me to hold. Since then I've ordered a few more skeins off Knit Picks and a circular needle to boot. I also got this book: The Eclectic Sole - seems like my cup of tea!

So there you go, I've got another project in progress! Out of curiosity, how many of you guys are on Ravelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...