Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Quilt Retreat

Last Thursday I left on the Washington Stars' Annual Quilt Retreat. Four days in the woods, and all I brought was my Dear Jane to work on!


Several LQS's had given retreat attendees coupons, so I did some shopping on my way down. The haul above came from my first stop, Gee-Gee's Quilting.


My next stop was a shop I'd never been to, Sister's Fabric in Chehalis.

The retreat center was in Raymond, WA - the Falls Creek Retreat Center. They were very accommodating, considering the last quilter went to sleep at 3 every morning and the first quilters started in at 5! I got 9 blocks done on my Dear Jane, and I'm very happy with them.


E-5, Rising Sun (17 pieces)


J-12, Rebecca's Basket (3 pieces) - This one isn't like it's drafted in the book, but I really wanted to capture that flower whole.


L-4, St. George's Cross (21 pieces)


H-12, Hannah Lou's Hearts (5 pieces)


A-5, Cathie's Campfire (29 pieces) - I tried to fussy cut the pattern in this toile (ala Flibbertigibbet Bunny), but I ended up shorting the seam allowance in all 4 corners!


J-10, Chieko's Calla Lily (21 pieces) - Oh, I should have done this by machine. I'm back in my wrist brace after this one.


A-8, Florence Nightengale (11 pieces) - I needed a nice simple block after that Calla Lily affair.


A-9, Cabin Fever (41 pieces) - I love the stripe in this one.


L-9, Walter's Place (29 pieces) - Another simple one, but I got to use that nifty black from Trick or Treat Street. The coordinates in that line are so pretty! I don't usually like Halloween fabric, but this is definitely an exception.

Alright - so that's the works! I came home early on Sunday to celebrate Patrick's birthday with him. I'm only just getting my sewing room back in order now, so you'll forgive the lateness of this post, I hope. This trip brings me to
30 blocks
2 triangles
0 kites
516 pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...