~ Two jobs is a lot of work. I did about 55 hours this week between the two of them, and sewed some stuff. Also, bathed occasionally.
~ I know, if I sewed stuff, where are the pictures? Well, I am a woman who happens to be surrounded by loved ones born in Spring. As a result, I sometimes have projects at this time of year that are not for the eyes of all of my readership.
~ Patrick is gone. And the cats need parenting.
OK, now that my absence has been thoroughly absolved, let's do some crafty stuff! Friday night Miss Sweet Connie came over and we picked out blocks for the March quilt. (I know the February quilt isn't quite done yet, but I just have to stitch the binding to the back and make a label. Gosh, you guys are quick to judge today.)
This is the beginning of it. The center block was large at 18", but then I set it on point and made it a bit larger. It is Five Spot, from January 10th last year. I haven't entirely ruled out some applique in those setting triangles. There will be dark green sashing, and the distinct possibility of some nifty top and bottom borders to give it some length. What do you think? It's certainly not as striking as the February quilt, but I am prejudiced toward my reds. Anyway, I'd like to get it quilted and finished (ha!) by next month's show and tell on April 7th.
And now for the enjoyment of my long-distance hubby, some pictures of his Maggie:
This is Maggie sitting on top of a pillow resting on top of a box of books. For all Patrick's willingness to hang out in the sewing room, he does like to put his feet up and we got sick of bickering about putting feet on my quilting frame. So he uses this footstool that Maggie is currently using for all four of hers.
She's not too thrilled I woke her up, but she tends to look a little cranky most of the time. We miss you, Patrick!
No comments:
Post a Comment