I Said You Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
You Got To Be Startin' Somethin'
Alright, well today was the first Tuesday of the month (as well as Square Root Day!), which means the Washington Stars Quilt Guild met tonight. I usually bring some handwork with me, but I didn't have anything prepared. So I grabbed my yarn & pattern from my recent trip to Portland and headed out the door.
As you can see, I didn't get a terrible lot done, but it kept my hands busy. The yarn is really fun to look at, and really funky to work with. It's more like fine guage rope than anything else. The yarn is Ella Rae Kasbah, and I have it in 308 green (above) and 306 blue (for a stripe later on).
This is the pattern I'm working off of - sort of. It calls for knitting in the round, but that's not what I headed out the door with, so I'll join it at the side and hope for the best.
Whenever I saw a Dear Jane buddy at the guild meeting tonight, they would ask if I had finished the block I started last Wednesday. No, I haven't, I would hang my head in shame. So as soon as I got home, I put the 4 corners on E-11:
E-11, Wagon Wheels (14 pieces). Boy was this a mother to piece. Those 8 semi-circles are all pieced individually onto a red background, then a red foreground with an open circle in it was sewn over the top. This was the first block I ever used the YLI silk threads on. WORTH IT! Tonight I machine-stitched the corners on, but you can barely see another stitch on that block. Mmmmm, silky.
So that puts me at 20 blocks, 2 triangles, 0 kites, and 295 pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment