Alright, partly because I'm very impressed with myself and partly because I have nothing else to show you - here is my Goose Blossom now that I've finished with the applique. I used water soluble thread to sew around the edge of the paper piecing pattern in order to translate the pattern on the back into a workable edge on the front. Then I needle-turned it onto this green. From here I'll be appliqueing the Goose Blossom to the block with a 3/8" border of green all the way around. I'm also thinking of some sprays to go on either side of the goose blossom with orange and yellow circles in them.
Tomorrow, on National Quilting Day, I am taking a class with Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville on her Star Struck quilt. I spent today organizing my supplies and strips for the class tomorrow. Hope you all have a great National Quilting Day and do a bunch of sewing!
No comments:
Post a Comment