Sunday, January 11, 2009

Flood Damage = Bad...No UPS Delivery = WORSE

Alright, I appreciate that I'm being incredibly callous and unfeeling to the people who have lost or damaged property in the current flooding in Western Washington. That being said, WHERE IS MY FABRIC, UPS?

OK, moving on.


Since I have no fabric for Dear Jane and my sewing machine is still relaxing at the spa, I have been knitting a lot. Pictured above is the knitting help I have received from the tireless Maggie. Also assisting me in my boredom is the new TiVo! Patrick and I have been TiVo devotees for a while, but we recently upgraded to the model that records in HD and streams Netflix to your television! Exclamation points!

I watched Places in the Heart, Little Women (the 1933 version with Hepburn), and (less proud of this one) Nuns on the Run. Oh, Hagrid, why?

What? Too much non-craftiness? Alright:


Here's the reindeer, still unfinished, that I have been knitting out of Debbie Bliss' Toy Knits. He has ears, somewhere off-camera, but I haven't attached them because I want to do the antlers first and I need my sewing machine to do that. An impasse, you say? Just start another project!


Here's the beginning of my Dead Fish Hat, pattern from Knitty, as modeled by a bed-headed Patrick. This is my first time knitting in the round, so I'm still learning a lot. On the other hand, "knit 4.75 inches" is a much easier instruction that anything you'll find in that Toy Knits book! I kind of dig the lack of counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...