My fabric came today! Oh, I was so happy. But so torn, because I couldn't play with it right away.
But I took it out of the box and stared at it longingly. As longingly as when Maggie rubbed her face on the box above.
The reason there was no time for (fabric) love, Dr. Jones, was because a friend and I were throwing a little surprise birthday dinner for the Inimitable Michelle! I was in charge of the cupcakes. And since making the Inimitable Michelle dessert is a little like making macaroni art for Picasso (she is a very talented baker), I had to bring my A game!
I baked dark chocolate cupcakes, then mixed frosting and seedless black raspberry jam for a filling.
Besides tasting delicious, it also turned out a lovely purply-pink color.
I cut a cone out of the top of each cupcake, filled the hole with the frosting/jam mixture, then put a little cake lid back on.
Then I put the remaining frosting/jam in a pastry bag and decorated the top in a swirly fashion.
All in all, they looked pretty nifty, and they tasted really good. Even the Inimitable Michelle enjoyed them.
And after I got all that done, I was able to start playing with my new Dear Jane fabric!
Can you tell I'm excited? The journey of 225 blocks begins with a single stitch...I should have a block to show you in the next couple days.
No comments:
Post a Comment