Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Geese On The Move

First off, let me just thank all of my fellow vets on this Veteran's Day. Thank you for serving!


Today's block is Geese on the Move. The last few blocks have been as easy as September's and October's were complicated. This one felt like kind of a gimme, but I really like those stripes on the side. But the focus of today was not the quilt block. Meet my new friend, made from Toy Knits by Debbie Bliss:


Je suis appelé Gerard.
(I am called Gerard)


Je suis un singe.
(I am a monkey)


Je suis le singe d'un organe broyeur.
(I am the monkey of an organ grinder)


Observer mon gilet de fantaisie.
(Observe my fancy vest)

I really liked knitting Gerard du Monkey. I learned a lot of knitting techniques that I hadn't known before, and it definitely re-infected me with the knitting bug. He was quick to knit (I started 9 days ago) and impossible to put down. (By the way, I don't speak French. I translated those phrases using Google, so if you do speak French and notice they are wrong, let me know in the comments!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...