Today's block is Double Nine Patch, thankfully simple because I have been seriously out of it today. Here's another project I'm working on, but not the one I've been drowning in since this morning.
Last night I pinned the vines to my Charm Star. I was a little iffy on the pattern, or lack thereof. Did I want them wild and weaving or symmetrical and orderly like the center? I lived with it like this overnight and plan to sew it down after I post this.
The project that has consumed my Sunday has been my tiny knit monkey - pictures to come. What it is it about knitting that is so mesmerizing? I have lost acres, miles of time adrift in a sea of purls and knits, the binary notation of yarn. When I can finally pry myself away from the needles I feel like a submarine slowly rising to the surface of conscious thought. I feel like I'll be dreaming of monkeys, increasing, decreasing, row after row.
No comments:
Post a Comment