Today's block is Tall Ships, featuring fifteen 1" HSTs and done in fabric designed by Eric Carle, of Hungry Caterpillar fame. This block will finish at just 6", making the tiny block portion of this big ol' post.
The other development of the day was that this blog was featured on QuiltersBuzz! One of my resolutions after finishing school was to de-lurk on all the blogs I read (my Bloglines is very long). In doing so, I came to the attention of Gina Halladay during a fabric give-away. Not only is she sending me fabric, but she posted about my Block-A-Day exploits! Fame and glory (or glorious fabric) and I never got out of my jammies! What a day!
Here is the other project I spent time on this auspicious Sunday:
It's a mini sock monkey - pattern by Action Apparel. I got to work on him uninterrupted all day. Well, relatively uninterrupted:
The Pickle can smell industriousness and productivity anywhere in the house, and he must be part of it. In the past this has earned him a reputation as a "homework cat," but he seemed equally pleased to visit with this tiny monkey-in-progress.
This is as far as I got today. Still to do: arm attachment, eyes, and lips to embroider. Does anyone have name suggestions for itty bitty tiny toy monkeys?
Edited to add:
OH. MY. GOD.
No comments:
Post a Comment