Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sunflower & Shopping


Here is today's block, Sunflower. I departed from my everyday raw-edge applique with this block, and made proper freezer paper templates and folded over the seam allowances. The bias stem I already had - I save the leftover pieces of bias stems in a box - they're perfect for these tiny blocks.

I also managed to finagle some husband-sanctioned stash enhancement today! My friend Michelle took a short break from her 24-7 schedule of ass-kickery to see what the deal was with this quilt shop nonsense I'm always prattling about. Here's the haul, many lovely finds due entirely to Michelle:


Please take special note of the keyboard fabric (ooh!) and the inadequately photographed cheese fabric (third from the left, top row). I find my fabric adventures are more fruitful when I go with specifically thin sections of the stash in mind. In this case, the yellow was in desparate need of fattening up (what better than some fat quarters?) and I am currently on the hunt for red, black, and white. Either solo or as a combo print - this has been decided on as the colorway for next year's Dear Jane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...