I was able to do this block very scrappy - freeing up some real estate in my scrap bin is becoming an imperative. For some reason, I want to call it Home Skillet, not Home Circle.
In other news, it has been a relatively crap week. Patrick left Wednesday, so the latter half plummeted from crappy to suck-tastic. I know that deploying military personnel have no choice in where they're going or when - my brain knows that. But when I lose power in a windstorm and have to live under the perpetually gray skies of Western Washington in February, it can be a little difficult to stomach an itinerary that includes St. Croix.
I was talking with a friend of mine who is also an ex-active duty, now military dependent. We talked about the aggravation and anger that can come with military spousedom, and how the hardest part about it is not misdirecting it. Patrick and I chose this life, and unlike most military dependents I had a very clear idea of what I was getting into. Still, when plans get canceled and hopes are disappointed, it's really important to remember not to blame the guy who's got to go live out of his suitcase for a week (yes, even if that takes him to St. Croix, you still can't blame him). Because the reality of it is that Patrick would rather be here under the continuous dark cloud that is winter in the great Northwest with me than in cruddy old St. Croix without me.
So that's my venting for the week. Honestly, if you just come for the fabric-y goodness, I stuck it at the top, reading this far is optional.
No comments:
Post a Comment