Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A-13, Starlight - Starbright

A-13, Starlight - Starbright (21 pieces).  I used Anina's tutorial again, which included learning how to do freezer paper foundation piecing.  It was complicated, but I'm really happy with the outcome.  The only way I differed in making this block was to machine applique the outer frame down to the center piece.  This meant that I had to applique the white sections first, then change thread and do the small black triangles.  (You can see the needle holes from the basting, but I think those will go away over time.)

How did I find time to do all this?  My in-laws were visiting, and Leah's grandma just couldn't get enough of her!  I got to do lots of pre-baby activities, including seeing a movie with my husband, knitting on the sock that's been languishing, and going out to a fancy dinner for our 6th wedding anniversary.  Many thanks to a patient grandma for this relaxing weekend!

Here's the DJ Tally:

64 blocks
3 triangles
0 kites
1,215 pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...