Today is our second day with 90+ temperatures, hence the title of the post. This is not great weather in which to be 4+ months pregnant, I can tell you.
Here's an eensie preview of what I've been working on in my secret Christmas workshop. It's a swatch for a larger project, but the swatch turned out so well I may turn it into a Christmas ornament of some sort. The snowflake design is from Alice Starmore's "Fair Isle Knitting" and is worked in Knit Picks Palette (Cream and Blue Note Heather) on US 1s. The reason for the very tiny gauge: I was looking for a tight fabric with almost no stretch. After blocking and starching and pressing this swatch, I can tell you that goal was achieved! This sucker's not going anywhere.
You'll definitely be hearing from me again on Tuesday, when I have the gender-revealing ultrasound. I'M SO EXCITED!
No comments:
Post a Comment