Malabrigo varies greatly in color from skein to skein, as you can see from the photo above. I have 11 skeins and these are the 10 that match best, arranged in a way that the transitions between each are not too jarring. The 11th, pictured at the bottom of this post, was so far off it could not be included.
As it is, I swapped out between skeins every row during the 4" of ribbing at the bottom. Now that I'm into the stockinette, I have started swapping out every 2 rows.
I tried my hand at felted joins, but because this yarn is 50% silk, it didn't felt well. I am trying Russian joins now, and it's working a lot better. Unfortunately, I have some stitches in the ribbing that are less than perfect. Still, I think the overall look of the fabric is very pretty.
This is my crazy skein, more green and yellow than all the others put together!
I was looking for a better name for this sweater, since it's certainly not "Basic Black." I was thinking of all the songs that had "blue" in the title, and ended up with "My Blue Heaven" after the Frank Sinatra classic.
No comments:
Post a Comment