Monday, February 1, 2010

Bandelier Sock Heartbreak

Many months ago, I started a Fair Isle sock out of the Fall issue of Interweave: The Bandelier Socks. I had never done Fair Isle before, and my progress was very slow.


For instance, this took me over two weeks. When it came down to it, I discovered I wasn't very happy with it - my tension was no good and the needle changes were very obvious. I joined the Bandelier Sock KAL (that's Knit-Along, for the uninitiated) on Ravelry and started over. I tore this whole thing out.

I started again, armed with some new tricks from the KAL, and was 100% happier with it. I sped through inches upon inches of the pattern (it's over an 8" leg), and yesterday I got to the heel. I decided to be responsible and weave in my ends before I went any further. Then I tried it on.

The damn thing won't fit. It slips snugly over my foot, reaches my ankle/heel, and says "um, no."

I was so brokenhearted. I called my knitting guru for advice, and she commisserated with my tale of woe, but had no magic fix for me. What to do with it then?


Meet the world's fanciest bottle sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...