Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Endless Purple Sock

This sock took so long to knit that it's actually not done yet. I'm still knitting it in the present, but future me came back to show me pictures of encouragement.


Not that the slow progress is due to my feline helpers at all...


After all, they're yarn lovers themselves. They love the way it tastes.


Oh, this darn sock. I started it for a bit of no-brainer knitting in front of the television. And then there was laddering. And then there were dropped stitches. And then there was Magic Loop (which is a kind of knitting where you only use one big circular needle).


I'm told that my snail's pace at Magic Loop can be solved with practice. Which is good news, because I have another whole sock to make!

In other news, I started my new job last week and it rocks! Also, I finally, finally made it back to a quilt guild meeting tonight. I think it's been since around March or April! Tonight was show & tell, and I showed my finished Miniature Baltimore Album and my (laughably named) March Quilt. Now to get some more UFOs finished for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...