
The first is Sock Innovation by Cookie A. I looked through this book once and immediately bought my own copy. I currently have plans to knit the "Rick" socks - the ones with the racing stripes!

Next came Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. Ms. Bush resurrected several patterns from a turn of the century publication called Weldon's Practical Needlework. All the patterns have unbelievably British names like "Gentleman's Fancy Sock" and "Ladies Useful Stockings." Also, this book is spiral-bound, which is how I think all knitting books should be.

Lastly, there was Knitting Socks with Handpainted Yarn, by Carol J. Sulcoski. I was so disappointed in this book. I think handpainted yarns are gorgeous, but nearly every pair of socks in this book looks like it had been regurgitated, rather than knit. The pair featured on the cover, Chevvy, and the Flame Thrower Socks were the only ones that really looked pretty and wearable.
I have started and frogged a pair of socks from The Eclectic Sole about 8 times since my last post, so that's why there's no photo of my current project. But that's what I've been reading! How 'bout you?
No comments:
Post a Comment