I was working on this quilt, a simple collection of neutral triangles inspired by the carpet in the Colorado Springs Airport and constructed of Serenity Yarn Dyes. I was rearranging rows and pieces, turned around too fast, and cracked my right pinky toe on the leg of my ironing board. I went to the ER the next day, and they told me it was a tuft fracture. After two weeks of limping and a slew of jokes about how I'm getting fragile in my old age (first the hand, now the foot!), my toe is back to its original size and color.
Never one to learn a lesson, even the hard way, I came back to my sewing room yesterday. This is what I've been working on:
This is the February block from the A Tisket A Tasket block of the month by Bunny Hill Designs. You can see my January block here. I started these to have a monthly snapshot of the fabrics I was using in my monthly quilts. Of course, March has come and gone and there was no quilt, was there?! So I thought I'd at least try and catch up on this one block. One of the things I tried with this one that I never have before is Jillily Appli-Glue. That stuff is cool! I got all the pieces laid out without having to pin anything. My only question for those of you who've used it is how do you keep the applicator tip clear? Mine keeps clogging...
And one last thing! I bought Valori Wells' Fabric Roses instructions today and this is my first attempt - well, sort of. I futzed and fiddled with this fabric for over an hour trying to figure out what her instructions were telling me to do. I even looked up some YouTube videos on the subject. In the end, I think I've got it. I might pick up some floral tape tomorrow and give these a real go. A bouquet of fabric roses in the quilt shop would look nice...
No comments:
Post a Comment