Friday, February 6, 2009

Some More Updates

Alright - who's been busy? Me too! I haven't posted since last Sunday, before I went to Connie's to knit bandages all day. Which, by the way, was awesome! I had 31" by the end of the day (which is sad, since I'd been working on it for about a week at that point), and Connie had nearly a foot in one day. She's a machine, that one. So I'm still working on bandages, but I have a lot of other stuff going on too.

Monday afternoon I conquered my fear of the quilting frame and finished the crib-size quilt I'd been working on in one sitting (standing?). I couldn't sleep Tuesday morning, so I started in on the binding around 3 am. Tuesday night was my quilt guild meeting, and I brought the finished quilt for Show & Tell.


Turned out pretty good, huh? I'm happy with it, at least. I finished the last few touches on it less than an hour before leaving for the guild meeting! Well, almost the last touches. There is a popular school of thought that says a quilt is not done until it's labelled:


I typed up the text I wanted, printed the font in several sizes, traced the one I liked onto muslin, then back-stitched it in a variegated DMC floss. I still have to put it on.

My goal is to have one quilt (made out of the blocks of 2008) ready for each Show & Tell, which happen the first Tuesday of every month. Below is my start on February:


I'm thinking no sashing & a scrappy flying geese border. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...