Sunday, February 22, 2009

January Journal Block, Bobbins

Firstly, thanks for all the well wishes. I'm feeling much better. Ready, set, craftiness:

After seeing the Bunny Hill BOM project, A Tisket A Tasket, on several other blogs, I decided to try my hand at it. The Dear Jane blocks have sparked an interest in applique in me, and these blocks are small and pretty. I decided to pair this new project with my goal of making one quilt per month out of the calendar blocks from last year by making each month's basket block in the colors of that month's quilt. Since each month's quilt will be donated to charity, the baskets will act as sort of a journal quilt to remember them by.


So here's January's basket block in the orange, yellow, green and brown that I used in the January quilt.

Meanwhile, the February quilt has been loaded onto the quilting frame. I should get to that sometime this week.

I also received the bobbins I ordered for making bobbin lace. So now I just need to make the pillow and I'll be ready to go!


To give you an idea of the scale, these are only 4" long. They're very plain, as lace bobbins go. Check out some of these on Flickr! I ordered these from Mielke's Fiber Arts in Wisconsin. I can't believe how fast they got here - I ordered them Wednesday and had them Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...