Sunday, February 8, 2009

February Quilt Progress

Ok, old business first:
~ the dead fish hat pattern is off Knitty, is free, and can be found here.

~ if you're looking for pictures of a finished bandage, this is sooooo the wrong place to look. Connie just finished hers though! Go leave her a nice comment about how awesome she is.

Now, to new business! I spent today working on the too-small blocks in the February quilt, as well as the flying geese for the sashing. Below is the sum of my efforts:


I pieced out the tiny ones to a full 12.5", and did some rearranging. Quilt Pixie had mentioned that the original arrangement looked a little unbalanced in terms of the brighter whites. I think this is a little better.

I wanted to point out the mitered border in the 3rd row, 3rd block. That was the 6" block, Shamrocks, from last March. To piece it out to 12" finished, I knew I'd need something large, and I had been in love with this neutral/dark red stripe for a long time.


I've never done a mitered border before, and I think this one turned out really well. I followed the instructions from Beautiful Borders, Backings, and Bindings, a book I've had for a while but hadn't put to good use until now. I recommend it for it's step-by-step pictures and clear instructions.

All through the day's progress, I had the be-furred company of either Maggie or The Pickle. They don't spend much time in the same room together, unless they're brawling, so I had to capture the few hours they spent napping with each other.


I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...