A-7, Dad's Plaids: 8 pieces. I appliqued the melons on to the backing, then pieced the 4 squares together.
A-1, Pinwheel Gone Awry: 28 pieces. Much like the name, this pinwheel went awry. I really need to start mirroring my foundation pattern before piecing. Still, all the points (except the center) look pretty good!
A-6, Uncle Homer: 9 pieces. After that blasted pinwheel (pinwheels are my arch-enemies), I thought I'd do a simple one. The black print came from a collection of red, white & black charm squares. There's just enough for most blocks, but not all, so I have to be careful where I use them.
E-2, Merry May: 11 pieces. The templates in the Dear Jane software were really messed up for this one. The melons printed out all funny - skinny and pointy on one end and round and fat at the other. I ended up tracing them directly out of the book.
B-1, Batchelor Buttons, 5 pieces. I made these circles using Perfect Circles by Karen Kay Buckley. I only have the smaller templates, but I like them a lot. A question about this name - did they misspell Bachelor, as in single man, or does this refer in some way to the town in Australia?
So that's put me at:
19 blocks
2 triangles
0 kites
281 pieces
I'm fighting a sinus thing right now, so that's going to do it for me for a little while, I think. Happy stitching!
No comments:
Post a Comment