This is E-1, Aunt Exie's Phlox (5 pieces) - this is the block I appliqued at the group. I used freezer paper templates, painted sizing on the seam allowances, then removed the freezer paper after they were appliqued down. You can see the yellow grid lines I drew in the corners to get the melons on straight. I love this clock fabric.
And this is J-1, Josepha's Jonquil (6 pieces). I used a brighter red with Chinese characters on it. I reverse appliqued the diamonds, then appliqued the square on top. In retrospect, I should have conventionally appliqued the diamonds too, so I could showcase the lines of Chinese characters better.
So that's 14 blocks, 2 triangles, 0 kites, and 220 pieces!
**More Updates!**
I finally finished my Dead Fish Hat. Here is a view from above.
And here is a picture of the fish eating my head!
Lastly, I have the first quilt from the Block-A-Day blocks loaded up on the quilt machine. And now I am petrified to begin quilting it. This will be the first quilt I have really, earnestly quilted on this machine, and my progress is paralyzed with fear of mucking it up. Hopefully I can get over this...
Now I'm off to Connie's to celebrate Bandage Bowl 2009!
No comments:
Post a Comment