Sunday, November 30, 2008

Castles in Spain


Today's block is Castles in Spain. I think the calendar's color scheme was a little dismal, but I'm not 100% with the fabrics I used either. Anyway, there are larger things going on. I've been so busy this weekend, not that you could tell from my posts (I love the post ahead feature on Blogger).

Friday, Patrick and I had tickets to see Joel McHale at the Moore Theater in Seattle, and my friend Carey had gotten me a ticket to see Brandi Carlile at the Benroya on Saturday, so we decided to spend the night. We got a room at the Hotel Monaco, a beautiful hotel right near Pike's Place.

Both the shows were great; Joel McHale was really funny, and Brandi Carlile was performing with the Seattle Symphony and it was incredible. But since those are kind of "had to be there" experiences, I thought I'd show you some pictures of the hotel. I loved all the stripes...


From top-left to bottom-right:
~ the bathroom wallpaper (stripey), an overview of the room, the upholstery on one of the chairs (stripey),
~ the curtains (stripey), the monogram on the shower curtain, the bed skirt (stripey in a paisley way),
~ the incredible Venetian Christmas tree in the lobby, the world's ugliest chair (should have gone with some more stripes!), some furniture (some circles for a change),
~ the wallpaper (stripey), the bedspread (white on white, but still stripey), and Nancy, our loaner goldfish.

Yes, they would loan you a goldfish for the length of your stay...we had a blast. Hope everyone else had a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...