Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Five Patch Frame & On Loving Your Children Equally


I feel like the colors look better in person than they appear in this picture. Another super rush job - I cut the pieces while I was eating breakfast Tuesday morning and sewed them together after my night class. Oof.


For regular readers of this or our other blog, you know that we are a DINK couple and love our pets like children. Maggie, our first-born, is the cunning little gray cat on the left there. She is sweet, but a little too clever for her own good. The Pickle is our second-born. His eyes are always wide-open, contributing to the general opinion that he's a little slow, as does the fact that he will eat almost anything that comes in contact with his mouth. But they work together well. Whenever the Pickle wants to eat a q-tip or a cotton ball, Maggie will jump up on the counter and get one for him. This is because the Pickle is afraid of heights. No, really.

It was just after four this morning when I heard a door rattling and a tiny squeaking noise - a sure sign that someone has accidentally closed themselves in a room (I'm not naming names...*cough cough Pickle cough*). I rescued him from the bathroom and he sprinted away happily, never bothering to heed the lesson that the little wedge behind the door is not the best place to play.

Hemingway (remember him?) is back to stay with us for the next two months, casting both the good and bad attributes of our own cats into sharp relief. Because Hemi is, well, he's a pretty stereotypical house cat. He makes a nuisance of himself when he's bored, eats far more than he should, and generally just sleeps a lot. Maggie has a habit of following him around the house like she's making sure he's not stealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...